I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine years ago when I got it in the mail. It had a section filled to the brim with lemon recipes (which I love!) and I decided to give this sparkling ginger lemonade a go.
Turns out this recipe is a keeper. I love the little bite at the end from the ginger. You can taste the honey too which is different from the traditional sweetness of a lemonade made with a simple sugar syrup. The lovely little fizz from the sparkling water is an added bonus.
I always use this recipe for summer parties and BBQ’s. It looks elegant in a punch bowl or trifle dish with floating lemons and edible flowers on top. This is the perfect drink to make if you want to impress people, but you’re looking for something easy.
Make the Ginger Tea
Make sure to make this lemonade a few hours in advance because it’s made with hot ginger tea. The first step is to grate the ginger and combine it with the honey and water in a large skillet or pot on the stove.
Once it comes to a simmer, you have to take it off the heat and let it steep covered. This will help bring out the ginger taste in the lemonade. If it doesn’t steep long enough, the ginger taste may not come through as much.
While the ginger tea is heating up on the stove and steeping, you can prepare the lemons. You need to juice about 4 large lemons. If they are on the smaller side, I would get 6 just in case.
A great way to get the most juice out of your lemons as possible is by first rolling it on the counter top with your hands. Put your weight into it while rolling, so the lemon gets squishy. Then juice it.
You could get one extra lemon too, so you can slice it for decoration.
Combine to Make Sparkling Ginger Lemonade!
All that’s left is to combine the ginger tea and lemon juice with sparkling water and let it chill in the fridge until it’s nice and cold. Make sure you pour the tea through a strainer to catch all the ginger bits as you pour it into the lemon juice and sparkling water.
This lovely ginger sparkling lemonade will surely quench your thirst. Ginger is good for you too. It helps with digestion, so drink up!
What to Pair your Lemonade With:
You need something yummy to drink your lemonade with! Try these recipes…
- Super Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies (Dairy Free)
- Fruity Smore’s Bars — No Bake, Gluten & Dairy Free
- Strawberry Coconut Milk Ice Cream (Dairy Free!)
- Strawberry Mango Swirl Sorbet (Vegan!)
- Blueberry Crumble (Gluten & Dairy Free)
- Easy Peach Cobbler (Vegan!)
- Rustic Blueberry Galette for Two (Vegan Option!)
- Guacamole (Only 5 ingredients!)
Please Comment and Share!
As always, let me know what you think in the comments with a rating and review. I would love to hear your feedback and your comments help other people to see my blog so thank you! Tag me on social media too @withlovemelissashop.
Take a look at my shop page. I have a whole range of instant downloads and merchandise, so there’s something for everyone.
Look at other ways you can support me that are not monetary related here. Any way you can support me means the world because it allows me to do what I love!
Sparkling Ginger Lemonade
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Honey
- 2 Tbsp Ginger, freshly grated
- 2 Cups Sparkling Water/Seltzer
- 1 Cup Lemon Juice (about 4-6 lemons)
- 1 Lemon, sliced, for garnish
- In a medium pan on the stove, heat the water, honey, and freshly grated ginger until simmering. Take off the heat, cover and steep for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the lemons until you get 1 cup of juice.
- In a large pitcher, combine the lemon juice and sparkling water. With a strainer over the pitcher, pout the ginger tea. Discard the ginger root that's left in the strainer. Place sliced lemon on top and place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours until it's ice cold.
This Post Has 8 Comments
Pingback: Easy Peach Cobbler - Sweet Melissa
Pingback: Easy Guacamole (Only 5 Ingredients!) - With Love, Melissa
Pingback: Red Bean Chili - With Love, Melissa
Pingback: Easy Peach Cobbler (Vegan!) - With Love, Melissa
Pingback: Cranberry Orange Ginger Sparkling Drink – With Love, Melissa
Pingback: Chocolate Cake (Gluten Free & Vegan Options!) – With Love, Melissa
Pingback: July Bullet Journal Theme: Studio Ghibli – With Love, Melissa
Pingback: Memorial Day Weekend – With Love, Melissa