These easy no bake almond cacao snack balls are so quick to make and delicious, you won’t be able to keep your family from eating them all in one day! They are gluten, dairy, soy, refined sugar free and vegan!
I like to dip mine halfway into a vegan and refined sugar free chocolate ganache that tastes just like the real thing. You don’t have to feel a shred of guilt when eating these delicious morsels.
No Bake Almond Cacao Snack Balls Ingredients
There are minimal ingredients in this recipe which makes it even better. You might even have it all on hand already! You will need:
If you want to dip yours in ganache like I did, here is the ganache ingredients:
To get these snack balls to be as healthy as possible, definitely use the best ingredients you can find. Organic cacao powder (not cocoa!), organic pure maple syrup, high quality sea salt and a good organic coconut milk with no added ingredients. You will also need organic unrefined, cold pressed coconut oil.
No Bake Snack Balls Directions
To make these yummy almond cacao snack balls, first use a food processor to blend together all the ingredients until you see it starting to peel off the sides and stick together. You can check the consistency by smushing some of it together. If it stays then you are good to go.
Using a heaping tablespoon of mixture, roll them into balls and place on a cookie sheet with parchment paper. If you are skipping the ganache, you can just place them on a plate or bowl because they’re done!
After you have all your mixture made into snack balls, you have to make the chocolate ganache.
To make the chocolate ganache, use a double boiler to melt down your coconut oil. In the meantime if your coconut milk is lumpy you can use a blender or immersion blender to blend together the liquid and fat that usually separates in the can.
Combine the coconut milk, coconut oil, cacao powder and maple syrup.
Mix vigorously for several minutes. Your mixture is going to go through a few stages. First it will look like the oil isn’t mixing in. Then it’s going to look gloopy. Finally it will turn into a silky smooth ganache. You can use a beater with a whisk attachment if you want to take a break on your arm.
When you have your ganache ready, all that is left is to half dip the no bake snack balls into the chocolate ganache and then place them on the cookie sheet.
Put them in the refrigerator for an hour or so to let the ganache set. Then you can transfer your snack balls to a plate and enjoy!
No Bake Snack Ball Variations
You can experiment with the nuts that you use in the snack balls. Try walnuts or pecans or even sunflower seeds. Add other spices like ginger or pumpkin pie spice.
You can turn this basic recipe into whatever no bake snack balls you want!
These easy no bake almond cacao snack balls are a great to carry around with you or bring to work to snack on throughout the day.
Please Comment and Share!
As always, let me know what you think in the comments with a rating and review. I would love to hear your feedback and your comments help other people to see my blog so thank you! Tag me on social media too @withlovemelissashop.
You’ll love what’s in my shop, check that out too! I have a whole range of instant downloads and merchandise, all outdoorsy, cute or bookish!
Look at other ways you can support me that are not monetary related here. Any support you can give means the world because it allows me to do what I love!
Almond Cacao Snack Balls
- 1 Cup Almonds, raw preferred
- 10-12 Dates, depitted
- 3 Tbsp Cacao Powder
- 2 Pinches Salt
- 4 Tbsp Coconut Milk
- ¼ Cup Cacao Powder
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1½ Tbsp Maple Syrup
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients for the snack balls: almonds, dates, cacao powder and salt. Pulse and blend for several minutes until everything is fine and crumbly. It might start peeling away from the edges and sticking together. If you smush it with your hands it should easily stick together.
- Form into small two-bite balls and place on a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Next is the chocolate ganache. If the coconut milk fat separated from the liquid in the can, blend together in a blender or use an immerson blender.
- Use a double boiler or microwave to melt the coconut oil.
- Whisk together the coconut milk, coconut oil, cacao powder and maple syrup. First it will seem like the coconut oil is not mixing in and then it will look gloopy. Finally, it will turn into a thick, smooth ganache and look exactly like melted chocolate. You can use a beater with a whisk attachment for this stage if you want.
- Half dip the snack balls into the chocolate ganache and place back on the cookie sheet. Put the cookie sheet in the fridge for about 30 minutes or until the ganache solidifies. Keep refrigerated and enjoy!