This salad was just so delicious, I had to share it with you. I thought the name would be appropriate since this kale salad is packed with greens and is the perfect nutritious pick me up for your body.
The original salad and dressing are from the lovely @thejenjones. She is just amazing with all the plant based recipes she posts on TikTok, check her out when you have a chance.
I used her recipe and just added several ingredients to the salad.
Kale Salad: Ingredients
The base of this salad is kale, broccoli and red cabbage. I added pecans, pumpkin seeds, dried apricots, and broccoli sprouts to that. You can mix it up and add different nuts, seeds or dried fruits if you don’t have these on hand.
Here’s the ingredients for the dressing:
- Maple Syrup
- Garlic Powder
Kale Salad: Directions
This salad is super easy to put together. First chop the broccoli into little florets. Put it in a large pan with some water and cover to let it steam a few minutes. I prefer my broccoli not raw, but you can skip this step if you like.
While the broccoli is steaming, cut up the kale. Throw it in your large salad bowl and massage it with your hands. This will make it easier to chew and digest.
Chop up the cabbage and dried apricots and throw that into the salad bowl along with the rest of the ingredients. Put your broccoli in after it finishes steaming.
The dressing is even easier. Throw all the ingredients together in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Taste it to see if you need more garlic powder or salt. I did about a quarter teaspoon of each.
Keep it Fresh
I ate this salad most of the week for lunch. In order to keep it from going bad quicker, I only put the dressing on the portion I was about to eat.
I also put a paper towel on top of the salad before covering it in siran wrap and sticking it in the fridge. This will help the greens from absorbing too much moisture.
After you make this salad, rate and review it in the comments! Let me know of any subsitutions you made or just how yummy it tasted! I love the feedback and your comments help other people to see my blog, so thank you!
Need My Greens Kale Salad
- 1 Bunch Curly Kale, chopped
- 2 Small Heads Broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 1/2 Small Red Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/3 Cup Dried Apricots, chopped
- 1/3 Cup Pecans, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Sprouts (broccoli, alfalfa, etc.)
- 1/2 Cup Tahini
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Handful Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder, to taste
- Pinch Salt, to taste
- Chop up all the veggies. Steam the broccoli for a few minutes in a pan with 1/4-1/2 cup water.
- In a large bowl, put the kale in first and massage with your hands. This will make it easier to eat and digest.
- Add in the broccoli, red cabbage, pumpkin seeds, pecans, chopped apricots and sprouts. Mix everything together.
- In a food processor or blender, throw in all the dressing ingredients and blend together. Taste and add more garlic powder and salt if you'd like.
- Add the dressing to the salad right before you plan to eat it. It will keep for about 3-4 days in the refrigerator. I usually keep a paper towel on top of it and cover it in siran wrap. Enjoy!
Never miss a post! Sign up for my newsletter and receive a free 14-page ebook: