Many of us don’t know how to set goals. I’m here to tell you it’s very easy to do! The achieving said goals is probably the harder part, but I’m also going to talk about how to make it easier to get there.
I also want to talk about my goals for 2023 and how that will impact my blog next year, so keep reading to find out.
How to Set Goals: Start Off Simple
If you’ve never set goals for yourself before, start small and simple. Small and simple is not “I want to make a million dollars this year.” Start with setting a goal like drinking 8 cups of water a day or going for a walk every morning.
Here’s some other easy goal ideas:
- Exercising three times a week
- Reading every night before bed
- Writing a journal entry every day
- Learning one new skill
- Taking an hour a few times a week or even every day to do something you love
- Having a social engagement once a week
- Going on a walk during your lunch breaks
Goals like this only take doing one thing to achieve that goal. You can even set a date for yourself. If you read consistently every night for a month you have achieved your goal.
Once you start checking off simple goals like this, you can tackle larger ones.
How to Set Larger Goals and Achieve Them
There are two things that you must do to achieve larger goals.
- Stay determined and motivated.
- Break the large goal down into smaller goals.
Both go hand in hand. If you lose sight of your goal and lose determination, you will not achieve success, but if you break the large goal down into smaller achievable steps, your determination will never waiver.
Say you want to build a successful business. That is a large goal right? How can you possibly achieve it without breaking it into smaller steps? You need to see the path to get to the outcome. Setting a large goal without breaking it down is like saying you will time travel right to the end and skip all of the middle work it takes to get there.
For starting a business, you’ll set smaller goals, like getting the necessary certifications, raising money for a brick and mortar store, getting inventory, doing advertising….etc. All of these things are steps to the larger goal that you can check off along the way. Each step you check off too will make you even more motivated to keep going.
My 2023 Goals
Use my goals as inspiration for your own!
- First off, I want to read 75 books in 2023. This goal I think I can easily achieve as I read 71 this year, so upping it by 4 books should be no problem. This is my easy goal for the year.
- I want to finish the With Love, Melissa 2023 Reading Challenge. I participated in a library reading challenge this year and completed it, so another reading of my own making should be easy as pie! Another simple goal for this year.
- Now onto the larger goals. I want to grow my brand and businesses to become my full time job in 2023. This will require me to break it down into achievable smaller steps–i.e. investing in hiring someone to help with social media and menial blog tasks, learning seo and business trends for 2023 so the content I create on my blog and in my shops is what people are looking for, consistently adding new listings to my shops and posts on my blog..etc.
- Travel the country and find out where I want to live. Another large goal here which has been years in the making. — My husband and I are in the process of renovating a small RV to become temporary full-time vanlifers! Look for more posts to come. But anyway–this required saving money, doing research, now renovating and then mapping out our course. This is indeed a very large goal!
Here’s one more great tip for you to achieve your goals–believe that you will. Visualize what it will look like and feel like to have that goal already achieved. Believe that it will happen and you will achieve it! The universe will start aligning itself to present you exactly the opportunities you need to be successful, as long as you believe with all your heart that you will do it.
Please Comment and Share!
As always, let me know what you think in the comments with a rating and review. I would love to hear your feedback and your comments help other people to see my blog so thank you! Tag me on social media too @withlovemelissashop.
You’ll love what’s in my shop, check that out too! I have a whole range of instant downloads and merchandise, all outdoorsy, cute or bookish!
Look at other ways you can support me that are not monetary related here. Any support you can give means the world because it allows me to do what I love!