Besides the fact that it is good for you, homemade golden milk is super delicious! It’s a great cozy, hot drink to sip when it’s cold outside. My recipe is so simple, you’ll have it ready to drink in minutes.
Also read on for some of the amazing health benefits of turmeric!
Golden Milk Health Benefits
Golden Milk has gained popularity over the years due to it’s main ingredient: turmeric. Tumeric has been used in Ayurvedic medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine for thousands of years.
How is Turmeric good for your health?
- It one of the most powerful anti-inflammatory compounds in the world.
- It works as a natural pain reliever and can help with pain from ailments such as Arthritis and Menstrual Cramps.
- It is also a powerful antioxidant and is antiseptic and antibacterial.
- It has been used to help treat skin wounds and burns, eczema, and psoraisis and is great for your skin health.
- It can help with depression and anxiety.
- It aids in detoxing the body.
Disclaimer: I am not a health professional, so you can also consult your doctor about the health benefits and side effects of tumeric.
How do I make homemade Golden Milk?
This is one of the simplest homemade golden milk recipes you will find on the internet. It is only 4 ingredients and of course the focus here is on the turmeric. No add-ins here, just the good stuff!
My mom gave me this recipe years ago and I immediately loved it.
Homemade Golden Milk Ingredients
Here are the ingredients: Turmeric, Oat Milk, Honey and Almond oil. That’s it! Read on to learn how to make it in minutes on your stovetop.
First you have to make a turmeric paste. In a small pot or saucepan on the stove top, place yout turmeric powder and water and mix it together. Once it heats up, it will thicken into a paste. Take off the heat and scoop it into a bowl.
This is enough for a dozen cups or so of golden milk and will last for at least a few weeks in your fridge.
Homemade Golden Milk Instructions
After you make the turmeric paste, you just need to put the paste, almond oil, milk and honey in a small pot or saucepan. Mix it together and heat it up on the stove on low to medium heat. Once it starts to simmer, take it off the heat.
You can use a milk frother or blender to make sure the oil blends together with the milk. I use the aerolatte milk frother, it’s pretty cheap on amazon and has lasted us years.
Please Comment and Share!
As always, let me know what you think in the comments with a rating and review. I would love to hear your feedback and your comments help other people to see my blog so thank you! Tag me on social media too @withlovemelissashop.
You’ll love what’s in my shop, check that out too! I have a whole range of instant downloads and merchandise, all outdoorsy, cute or bookish!
Look at other ways you can support me that are not monetary related here. Any support you can give means the world because it allows me to do what I love!
What to Eat with Golden Milk
Here are some recipes you can eat with your golden milk. Think warm comfort foods.
Homemade Golden Milk
- ¼ Cup Turmeric
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 Cup Oat Milk (or other plant based milk)
- 1 Tsp Almond Oil (optional)
- ½ Tsp Turmeric Paste
- Honey, to taste*
- To make the paste, mix together water and turmeric in a small pot or saucepan. Bring to a boil on low heat. Once it starts to thicken into a paste, take off heat. Scoop into a bowl and set aside.
- In a small pot or saucepan (you can use the same one), add the milk, almond oil, paste and honey. Mix together on low to medium heat. Bring to a simmer and take off heat.
- Blend or use a milk frother to combine the oil and milk mxture. Drink while hot!