This easy veggie soup is an essential in the winter for my husband and I. It’s such a great, versatile soup to have on hand because if you are missing something, you can always replace it with whatever you have on hand.
Easy Veggie Soup Ingredients
Like I said in the beginning, it is so easy to change out veggies and try some new ones in this recipe. The last time I made it, I didn’t have enough green beans so I added peas. Have fun with this! Try new flavors. Here is what I usually put in my soup:
- Green Beans
- Cannellini Beans
- Veggie Broth
- Tomato Sauce
- Italian Seasoning
- A little sugar, salt & pepper
- Olive Oil
Veggie Soup Change Ups and Brands I Like
If you are missing any of the veggies, you can just leave it out altogether or replace it with something else you have. Try sweet potatoes, kale, tomatoes, brussel sprouts, any type of squash, broccoli or even mushrooms. You can also use different types of beans as well. Try any type of white bean or even try darker beans like black beans and kidney beans. Tell me what substitutions you ended up making in the comments!
Feel free to make your own tomato sauce and use it in this recipe. Store bought will work just fine as well.
Veggie Soup Directions
Start by prepping all your veggies. Have everything chopped! Then preheat a big soup pot on the stove top. Put a little olive oil and then add in onion and garlic. Saute for several minutes until onions are translucent.
Then add in the harder vegetables; carrots, celery and green beans. Saute for a few minutes and then add your veggie broth. Bring it to a boil and add in potatoes. Let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
Finally add in the beans, tomato sauce, sugar, seasoning, salt and pepper. Simmer another 5 minutes and taste. Enjoy!
What to Eat with Veggie Soup
For a good side bread, try my dairy free naan and brush some garlic butter on top!
Please Comment and Share!
As always, let me know what you think in the comments with a rating and review. I would love to hear your feedback and your comments help other people to see my blog so thank you! Tag me on social media too @withlovemelissashop.
You’ll love what’s in my shop, check that out too! I have a whole range of instant downloads and merchandise, all outdoorsy, cute or bookish!
Look at other ways you can support me that are not monetary related here. Any support you can give means the world because it allows me to do what I love!
Easy Veggie Soup
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Small Onion, chopped
- 4-5 Large Carrots, chopped
- 1 Cup Green Beans, chopped
- 3 Stalks Celery, chopped
- 3-4 Yellow Potatoes, diced
- 6 Cups Veggie Broth
- 2 Cans Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Cups Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1-2 Tsp Italian Seasoning, to taste
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- In a large soup pot, add olive oil and put on medium low heat. Add in onion and garlic. Saute for about 5 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add carrots, green beans and celery with a splash of veggie broth. Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the veggie broth and bring to a boil. Add in potatoes. Put heat down to low and simmer, covered for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add in beans, tomato sauce, sugar, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes. Check to see that potatoes are tender. Enjoy!