This fun macrame snowflake is perfect for the holiday season and great for beginners! I finished it in under 10 minutes and you will too. Just follow the simple tutorial or go down to my Youtube video below.
*Note: This post contains affiliated links from which I will earn a small kickback. Thank you for your support!*
Macrame Snowflake Supplies
All you need for this craft is single-ply 3mm macrame cord and a 1.25 inch circle. I actually used a key ring. If you get something a little bigger or use a wooden circle, that is fine too!
My snowflake actually has 3 different colors: white, tan and beige. I got a small 3 pack of the cordage at michael’s, but if you are a frequent macrame crafter, you can get this macrame bundle on amazon.
Macrame Snowflake Knots
You start with a lark’s head knot to attach the strings to the key ring. Then you’ll be using a square knot the remainder of the time. The final points are just a regular knot.
Here is a guide to four basic macrame knots for beginners.
Macrame Snowflake Directions
Here are step by step instructions to make the macrame snowflake. You can keep scrolling to watch the youtube video below.
- Cut 10 20-inch strings and have your key ring handy. Attach all the strings to the key ring using a lark’s head knot.
2. Tie a square knot into each group of 4 strings. You will have 5 square knots around the circle.
3. Tie a second row of square knots, except you will be usng 2 strings from 2 side by side knots. This will give you a second row of 5 square knots forming 5 points.
4. Tie a regular know into the 4 strings leftover from each square knot.
5. Cut the remainder string to about 1 inch length and comb out or use your fingers to separate.
Macrame Snowflake Ideas
You can tie some ribbon or string onto it to hang it up on your Christmas tree or around your house.
You can make a garland of macrame snowflakes.
You can hang them on your wall using small command hooks.
You can scale up to make bigger macrame snowflakes!
More Macrame Posts!
More Holiday Posts!
Please Comment and Share!
As always, let me know what you think in the comments with a rating and review. I would love to hear your feedback and your comments help other people to see my blog so thank you! Tag me on social media too @withlovemelissashop.
Take a look at my shop page. I have a whole range of instant downloads and merchandise, so there’s something for everyone.
Look at other ways you can support me that are not monetary related here. Any way you can support me means the world because it allows me to do what I love!